Sunday, May 13, 2012

DIY Chain rings

Once again, inspired by A Pair and a Spare (this blog is absolutely amazing, I've been hooked on it ever since my friend mindmyann introduced me.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7170/6734908617_abd5e8c248_z.jpg

This is a simple look, which provides your outfit with feminity and elegance.

Time Require: 10-15 minutes

You will need
-an old necklace
-needle and thread
-chain links

I used an old, broken Diva necklace that's been hiding away in my drawer for years.



Measuring the necklace around your finger, cut the chain when you get your desired length. Open up one of your chain links and attach the two ends of the chain, to form a ring.



As simple as that!


Alternatively, I found opening and closing the chain links towards the difficult side, because I have fingers the size of sausages, so I just sewed the two ends together, with some thread, needle and a couple of knots to secure it. Probably not as sturdy as re-linking everything together, but surely ten times easier.

So here's my number, ring me?

3 comments: